The linkup will be open today and tomorrow, so please chime in with your answers to the questions in the comments or on your blog. Join us on Thursday for a new JEI (Just Enough Info) Link Up with The Zelie Group, a blogging collaboration.
1. What’s your go-to “someone’s coming over” recipe?
Pizza! If someone came over to eat unexpectedly I would order pizza. There’s a really good place at the end of block. Our favourite is Cheeseburger Pizza.
If I had time to cook something, it would be roast chicken with potatoes and roast asparagus.
2. You have 5 minutes to tidy before guests arrive. What are your tidying shortcuts?
- Line up the shoes in the entrance and hang up the coats and sweaters. (Maybe they won’t come in!)
- Pick up all the toys and throw them into bins. (It looks clean if they don’t look too hard!)
- Wipe as many surfaces as I can and light a wax scent diffuser. If I have time, I try to actually have something roasting, or cookies baking when guests arrive because making delicious food is the perfect distraction and excuse for a messy house.
3. What sort of music sets the mood for the perfect gathering?
Soothing classical music is the best default music for a gathering. Though, you can’t go wrong with holiday music at Christmas time. Jazz is classy. For cozy, friendly get togethers try Christmas sung by Michael Bublé from Amazon US | CAN.