My routine is a bit of a struggle, I never have enough time to do all the things that we need done. Today, I have lessons to catch up on in homeschool. I have to clean the bathrooms, do laundry, pick up toys, cook supper. I managed to get out of making my husband’s lunch by packing a smoothie…
It seems that my routine doesn’t help me much.
Still, our routines are full of little gifts that we take for granted all the time.
- I’m thankful for the toys because someday I won’t have a baby to make a mess anymore.
- I’m thankful that I don’t have to take my laundry to a laundromat.
- I’m thankful for the homeschool books scattered everywhere because I get to stay home and teach.
- I’m thankful because June is watching Veggietales and I get to drink hot tea for a change.
- I’m thankful that after five long years June is sleeping through the night.
- I’m thankful for the peaceful feeling of having the daily routine unroll slowly.
- I’m thankful that Daddy has a good job to work each day.
- I’m thankful that I can call my Mommy everyday. Love you, Mommy!
- I’m thankful for being able to share my favourite books with June at bedtime.
- I’m thankful for my considerate husband’s gift of a Notebook so that I’m not bored waiting for June to go to sleep or sitting outside her ballet class.